A touch so distinct.
Introduction To Input Devices
- An input device provides the user interface for medical, industrial, aviation and commercial products.
- These are durable, lightweight, and flexible panels with strong adhesives that support various applications and endure harsh environmental conditions.
- We can manufacture any shape and form using polycarbonates or polyesters of strong adhesion. We can even create keyboards that can withstand harsh environments.
- We offer membrane switch solutions, PCB switches, touch keypads, backlit keyboards, pro-steel/vandal resistant & elastomeric keyboards.
- These solutions can be customized in countless different ways based on our customer’s industry & requirements.
Types Of Input Devices
Flexible Membrane Switches
- These are wafer-thin assemblies with an array of open momentary contact switches printed using conductive substrates.
- SMD LEDs can be embedded & sealed in the membrane, making it an economical & superior alternative to Conventional Switching.
- These membrane switches can be standardized or customized to suit individual requirements.
PCB-based Hybrid Switches
- These are similar to ﬂexible membranes, except the contact layers of these switches are etched on a PCB panel.
- They can be designed to incorporate discrete passive components, mechanical switches, surface mount devices and provisions for active components.
- PCB switches are supported with riveted mountings. The complete assembly is self-supporting.
- This input device https://www.businessinsider.in/insider-reviews/best-plastic-chair-set-for-home-in-india/articleshow/86680981.cms can also be housed in enclosures or integrated with other accessories.
- Capacitive keyboards work primarily by detecting the change in capacitance on a capacitor pad spread across the keyboard.
- They can also be termed touchscreen-based input devices.
- Unlike traditional keyboards, electricity is always flowing in a capacitive keyboard.
- Capacitive keyboards are faster than contact keyboards as they only require a gentle push to register a keystroke.
- The capacitive touchscreens also provide a superior user experience with elegant design.
- Integrated keyboards are input devices developed by integrating PCB with other top interfacing layers.
- Protolab is equipped with the technologies and expertise to combine these various features into a single product that serves multiple functions.
- Integrated keyboards are used extensively across a host of industries.
- We can manufacture them with a wide range of customizations that serves our client’s requirements.
- These uniformly backlit keyboards can be created in multiple colors & designs.
- Illuminated keyboards can also be manufactured with light guide films with a plunger for key contact.
- Illuminated keyboards give keys greater visibility under low lights.
- They can be designed in white, colored or RGB LEDs.
- They look elegant and Protolab can manufacture them in different sizes, shapes, colors, button types, etc.
- Illumination can also be added as a custom feature in other input devices, keyboards or controllers.
Membrane Switch Solutions
- Membrane Switch solutions are standard switch layouts available with or without tactile feedback.
- They work on the principle of scalable modular dimensions and can be used in conjunction with a custom overlay.
- Our range of standard products is compatible with most enclosures available in the market.
- We can also manufacture membrane switches solutions with all kinds of customizations required by our clients.
- Prosteel or Vandal-resistant keyboards are air-tight & designed to withstand the harshest environment or vandalism.
- They can be manufactured with stainless steel, alluzinc, aluminum & even plastics.
- They can be produced in various key shapes and sizes.
- Legends such as braille can be engraved or etched with embossing or debossing effects on these keyboards.
- Silicone Rubber Keypads can replace costly mechanical switches at a lower cost and provide greater design versatility.
- Input devices topped with elastomeric keypads can look & feel like traditional mechanical switches without their disadvantages.
- Like membrane switches, rubber keypads can be made to resist moisture and other harsh environmental conditions.
- Screen printing enhances rubber keypads by printing the graphics on the tactile part.
- Overcoating is added to extend their life expectancy when keypad graphics are exposed to high abrasion usage.
Metal Touch Keyboards
- Metal touch keyboardsare designed on the principles of capacitance using metallic surfaces like steel.
- They can be designed with audible and haptic feedback and are waterproof.
- Another highlight of the technology is it can operate with water.
- The metal plates can be anodized or printed as per custom specifications.
- This input system can be operated even with gloves.
- Programmable keyboards allow for more accurate outputs and thus are one of the most time-efficient input devices.
- You can create your actions with Advanced Scripting, Program keyboard shortcuts, text snippets or launch programs.
- The connector comes with additional USB ports to link with more input devices.
- They are used as a part of the controller assembly in aviation, defense, heavy machinery manufacturing, robotics, etc.