Flash, swipe and tap: a unique identity.
Introduction To Smart Cards
- A smart card, chip card, or ICC (Integrated Circuit Card) is a physical card containing a smart chip programmed for different uses.
- Smart cards are generally the size of credit card & made of plastic. However, they can be made in metal as well.
- They can send & receive signals by direct physical contact (also known as chip and dip) or a short-range wireless connectivity standard like radio-frequency identification (RFID) or near-field communication.
- A microcontroller or an integrated memory chip is sealed between 2 layers of a smart card or embedded on its surface.
- Smart cards are used for identification, authentication, data storage, payments, public security, schools, healthcare, loyalty programs and more.
- Protolab can manufacture all types of smart cards at the most competitive prices at our manufacturing facility in India.
Types Of Smart Cards We Manufacture
- These are Unique Identification Cards with photographs & personal demographics.
- They can have bar codes, QR codes & intelligence like a chip (RFID/magnetic) for Aadhar or PAN information.
- We are highly skilled at printing these cards with the highest quality, designs, and finishing.
- We are also one of the major manufacturing partners for Indian PAN cards.
- Our team is well equipped with the skills & knowledge required to develop such solutions.
- And we have the manufacturing prowess to make such UID cards for all applications.
- We manufacture bodies for SIM cards ranging in size from micro to nano.
- This body provides secure packaging for the SIM card, prevents tampering & allows for a visually attractive extension of the brand identity.
- We can manufacture these SIM bodies in all shapes, sizes and designs.
- We are one of the leading suppliers to telecom companies for SIM bodies.
- Magnetic cards use similar technology as the credit cards used in our day-to-day lives.
- However, this technology is slowly becoming obsolete due to the advent of other more robust technologies.
- The magnetic stripe on the card is coded with identification data & secure null characterizations algorithms.
- The magnetic stripe, sometimes called swipe card or magstripe, is read by swiping past a magnetic reading head.
- We can say that magnetic cards can be customized to suit individual applications.
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology, ensures secure identification.
- They have also proved to be a successful storage medium for value units, with up to 64 kb of memory and more.
- Furthermore, they are implanted with crypto-processors to create the ideal security pass, compact, portable & practical.
- RFID ID cards can be programmed for different applications. They work in tandem with RFID antennas to read or send instructions to the card.
- At Protolab, we manufacture the highest quality RFID cards at the most competitive prices.
- Gift cards are physical cards that contain specific amounts of encoded & encashable values.
- These can be used by retailers & other commercial institutions to allow customers to gift credit to people.
- They are also used to create cross-brand loyalty.
- We design these attractive plastic gift cards to extend the institution’s branding.
- We have manufactured such gift cards for over 40 retail brands in India and abroad.
- Talk to us today to find out how we can offer this solution to you.
- Loyalty cards are issued to a customer by a business to reward them for buying goods or services.
- They also help in recording information about what the customers are buying.
- Loyalty cards made from plastic are long-lasting & may be reloaded if the point of sale system supports that feature.
- In addition, this type of smart card can be personalized with membership numbers or names.
- They may also include other variable data like a barcode or magnetic stripe.
- We can manufacture them with RFID technology as well.
- We consult our clients about developing a loyalty card that will suit their requirements the best.
- Talk to us today to find out how we can engineer a loyalty card solution for your company too.
|Photo embedding / digitizing & lamination||Non erasable printing|
|Lamination with holograms and holographic films||Signature and scratch panels|
|Automatic serial and random number printing||CMYK & Guilloche printing|
|Creative screen printing | digital | offset printing||Matte and gloss finishes|
|200 – 800 micron thickness confirming to ISO standards & more||Database management|
|Card personalization||Embossing and tipping|
|Hot foil stamping||Magnetic stripe and chip secure encoding|