A machine information system…interfacing speed and light.
Introduction to Auto Dials
- Auto dials or print dials, or speedometer dials are instrument dials & gauges that help the users to identify important controls & indicators at a glance.
- They are interfacing + output devices that fit within the design of the car, bike or any other automobile.
- We have the in-house design capabilities & advanced machinery to manufacture instrument cluster graphics for automotive industries.
- In addition to that, we have decades of experience working with all the leading automobile manufacturers worldwide.
- We have catered to all kinds of design, quality, functionality & UI/UX requirements.
- The quality & performance of our print dials/speedometers has stood the test of time & won us many accolades.
- This has made Protolab one of the most trusted manufacturers of these components worldwide.
Types of Auto Dials
- Tell-tale indicators have symbols that illuminate a status or display a response.
- This type of autodial is designed as per automobile manufacturer’s standards and is backlit to illuminate when required.
- These are incorporated into the printed dials or as standalone indicating labels using colored LEDs or bulbs.
- We can add printed filters in various colors and illumination effects to these indicators as per the client’s requirements.
- At Protolab, we offer a host of other customization options for manufacturing tell-tale indicators.
- The scale of our manufacturing and innovative technology also gives us the edge to provide a competitive price.
Diffusers & Light Enhancers
- When backlighting is used to illuminate LCDs, there can be a need for light diffusion or light enhancement.
- Both are distinct components that can be manufactured through the printing process.
- Dot formations in various angles are printed on top of a sheet to spread the light uniformly from its source.
- The dot formation spreads the light where it does not reach and diffuses where it is too bright.
- These are generally placed underneath the top interfacing layer of an autodial.
- It works on the principle of reflection and refraction.
- At Protolab, we can manufacture all types, shapes and designs of diffusers and light enhancers for autodials.
- You can speak to our customer service executives to receive more details.
- Light guides or light pipes are used to transmit light at a distance from the source.
- They are made of PMMA or Polycarbonate.
- Light guides can be molded in different shapes and forms.
- This reduces the number of LEDs required & allows the engineering of the output location to be away from the final point.
- These can be molded with micro-dots & frosted textures to prevent light loss and enhance the illumination kandela values as required.
- Light guides are often used as a part of the instrument dials /speedometer or dashboard assembly of cars, scooters and bikes.
- At Protolab, we are equipped at manufacturing them at scale with a wide range of customizations.
- We have engineering & design experts within our team who can help you to craft the ideal solution.
3D In-mould Decorations
- IMD, or In-Mould Decorations, are 3-dimensional labels manufactured using substrates of polycarbonate & polyesters.
- They are printed using special ink.
- They are usually manufactured by thermoforming.
- The labels are embedded in the molded articles during blow molding, injection molding or thermoforming.
- It results in highly attractive & impressive decorations or components that can be designed in various colors & finishes.
- 3D IMDs are used extensively in the automobile industry to provide a more premium appearance.
- At Protolab, we can manufacture 3D IMDs in all sizes, shapes, configurations and designs at scale.
- The 3D IMDs manufactured by us stand out as a unique design element in many popular motorbikes across the globe.
Metal Gauge / Moulded Product
- Auto manufacturers also use printed metal gauges or molded products as auto dials.
- At Protolab, we have the latest equipment and machinery for printing on molded components & metal gauges.
- We can print in a wide range of colors per the customer’s specifications.
- We can integrate these parts with various finishes like PU doming, textures & colors.
- We can print on PMMA, ABS molded parts, toughened glass, aluminum, stainless steel & powder-coated surfaces using special inks & surface textures.
- Talk to us today to determine how we can print on metal gauges and other molded products for your company.
- We have been regularly supplying to all the leading automobile manufacturers globally.